So it’s Pi day today! And while this post isn’t exactly about pie, I figured that muffins were close enough in shape to be celebrated today too!
As some of you may know, I have recently partnered with Beech-Nut NaturalsTM and it has been a wonderful experience for us. With all of Edison’s allergies, Beech-Nut Naturals was one of the few brands that we felt comfortable giving to our kiddo.
We love that they are inspired by homemade, use only ingredients you can pronoun and that each jar is made from real fruits and vegetables, just like we would use at home. We can easily look at each jar and just know it’s safe without using our STEM degrees
One of the things that I was not really aware of before though was just how versatile their food can be. As I was preparing to share Beech-Nut Naturals with my friends in Seattle, I decided to try out one of their recipes, modified a bit fit Edison’s strict nut free diet. And ya’ll, this was great! Edison couldn’t stop eating it and us parents really enjoyed it too.
This recipe calls for two jars of Beech-Nut Naturals apple and pumpkin and lemon infused olive oil (which is REALLY easy to make!). These two together make for a super moist and fluffy muffin packed with loads of flavor that will make your taste buds sing! But please note that you can sub out the lemon olive oil for any flavor of olive oil you choose, or use regular vegetable oil, and that you can use any of the blends that Beech-Nut Naturals carries in their collection to make your muffins prefect for you and your family.
So without further to do, lets get into this recipe!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minute |Serving : 12 muffins
- 2 jars Beech-Nut Naturals apple and pumpkin
- 1 cup firmly packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon infused olive oil
- 1/3 cup half & half (If your child is allergic to dairy, try rice or nut milk)
- 2 eggs (if your child is allergic to eggs, try adding 1 extra jar of Beech-Nut Naturals)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup quick oatmeal
- Optional : 1/2 cup granny smith apples peeled and chopped, or your favorite fruit (carrots could be great in these too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with pepper liners or lightly oil and flour so that the muffins won’t stick
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, Beech-Nut Naturals apple and pumpkin, oil, milk and eggs until smooth. In a separate bowl, strip together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt, vanilla, cloves and nutmeg until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture into Beech Nut Natural apple and pumpkin mixture until blended– don’t over mix! If using fruit like apples, genteelly fold into mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly among prepped muffin tins. Smooth and top with pumpkin seeds and oatmeal topping
- make for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center of a muffin. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before severing (They are good hot out he oven but will burn !)
I hope you enjoy these as much as we all did! If you try the recipe, be sure to let me know down below!
This blog is in partnership with and sponsored by Beech-Nut Naturals TM. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are 100% my own. Be sure to check out Beech-Nut Naturals website to discover more fun and creative ways to use their products in your family!